- Design a new headquarters in historic Sherman Heights neighborhood needing immediate design attention to prepare for a “post-pandemic workplace”.
- Design a creative, modern workplace that prioritizes worker productivity and mental health to usher in the next generation of in-person work.
- Create a campus setting with the eclectic gathering of buildings and maintain the distinct styles of all 3 while remaining sensitive and integrated into the Sherman Heights Community.
- Move into a new era of in-person work, activity-based design that is a unique, modern model that allows employees to choose from a variety of workspaces within the same work site.
- Update two-story mid-century retail building to the east. Keep the bones the way they are. We call this building “the workshop”.
- The middle building is a metal warehouse that we renovated and kept metal. We call this building “the garage”.
- To the west was originally a house converted into office space. We maintained the residential character of the older structure with contemporary office space inside. We call this building “the house”.
- Attention was directed towards gatherings, indoor-outdoor connectivity, sustainability and day-to-day work with physical layouts and configurations that afford appropriate safety, security and wellbeing of the employees and clients.
2436-2452 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92102
Reid Carr – Red Door Interactive
Reid Carr – email@example.com
Chris Veum – AVRP Studios