The new Aquatic Center is a building block to a larger community project on the eastern side of Oceanside’s 465-acre El Corazon Park. The new Aquatics Center includes 3 distinctly programmed pools, designed for all levels and generations to enjoy. The pools are surrounded by a spacious deck divided into smaller, intimate spaces for gathering. The deck connects to a new 14,500 SF facility composed of locker rooms, offices, meeting rooms and large multi-purpose room, located adjacent to the existing community center’s courtyard to allow for shared use between the two facilities. The following project goals were accomplished:
- Develop a World Class Aquatic Center for the City of Oceanside.
- Design that respects the El Corazon Specific Plan.
- Develop a destination that speaks to the character and scale of the community.
- Visual and physical integration with the existing Community Center.
- Utilization of sustainable design strategies to reduce energy costs.
- Maximize use of day-lighting and natural ventilation.
Irving Gill Guiding Principles Implemented (per the Specific Plan):
- Proportion and Geometry
- Use of Light and Shadows
- Simplicity of Materials
- Minimal Detailing
- Integrated Landscaping
3302 Senior Center Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056
City of Oceanside
Mark Olson / firstname.lastname@example.org
Roesling Nakamura Terada Architects, Inc. (RNT)